Collins upsets Venus in Miami quarterfinal stunner

MIAMI, FL, USA -- American qualifier Danielle Collins posted a shocking upset on Wednesday night at the Miami unlock, swiftly ousting No.eight seed & three-time champion Venus Williams, six-two, six-three, in an all-American quarterfinal. Read further: As it happened: Collins swiftly shocks Venus in MiamiCollins notched the premier highest ten beat of her career by her 87-minute upset of the 7-time Grand Slam champion & World No.eight. "I have put in the difficulty work my whole life, Extremely at the finish of the day, I know I have done literally everything I could do to put myself in a better situation," said Collins. "& if I beat the match, I beat the match & it's awesome. If I lose the match, I lose the match knowing which I did everything in my strengthto put myself in a better situation."


Tennis: Ostapenko advances into path of Venus at Miami unlock

MIAMI: Reigning French unlock champion Jelena Ostapenko got the better of Ukraine 4th seed Elina Svitolina once once more to book her place in the semi-finals of the WTA Miami unlock on Wednesday (Mar 28). She following going to face either Venus Williams or Danielle Collins, who meet in an all-American quarter-last later Wednesday. "I knew I had to be aggressive & while I got the chance I truly went for it," Ostapenko said. AdvertisementAdvertisementDealing by the Stress of being a young Grand Slam champion is something Ostapenko easy takes in stride. Yet in both tie-breaks it was Ostapenko who was enable to of bargain by the conditions further effectively to help seal a place in her premier Miami unlock semi-finals & help boost a season that Extremely far has belied her talent.

Tennis: Ostapenko advances into path of Venus at Miami Open

Venus Williams stunned with qualifier Danielle Collins at Miami unlock

according to Venus Williams & her pursuit of a 4th Miami unlock title was stunningly ended with American qualifier Danielle Collins in the quarterfinals. A three-time champion in Miami, Williams was the overwhelming favorite to move out of to the semifinals however the veteran was upstaged six-two, six-three versus Collins on Wednesday. Collins tallied 18 winners – two further than 8th seed Williams – as she sent the 7-time grand slam champion packing from the WTA first Mandatory event. Danielle Collins defeats Williams six-two, six-three & going to face @JelenaOstapenk8 in the semifinals. pic.twitter.com/tOqASt5oGM — WTA (@WTA) March 29, 2018Next up for Collins is 6th seed & French unlock champion Jelena Ostapenko on Thursday.




This content may collect you by Max Nolan

0/Post a Comment/Comments