Tennis - Unseeded Gasquet ousts Berdych in Madrid opener

(Reuters) - Czech Republic's Tomas Berdych has continued his poor form this year after a six-four six-two defeat by unseeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet in the premier round of the Madrid unlock on Sunday. Gasquet, who reached the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-finals final 30 days, dominate Berdych throughout the contest to reach the 2nd round in Madrid for a 5th consecutive year. In the just other match of the day, Canadian Adolescent Denis Shapovalov marked his debut in Madrid by a six-one six-four beat over American Tennys Sandgren to progress to the following round. The 19-year-old, who enjoyed a breakthrough season final year, has an underwhelming twelve-ten beat-loss record this campaign however is aiming to compete in the French unlock main draw for the premier time in his fledgling career. previous world number one Novak Djokovic, the tenth seed, going to unlock his Madrid unlock campaign on Monday by a premier round clash versus Japan's Kei Nishikori.


Tennis - Azarenka shines on Madrid return as highest seeds cruise

Tennis - WTA Mandatory - Madrid unlock - Madrid, Spain - probably six, 2018 Spain's Garbine Muguruza in action versus China's Shuai Peng during their round of 64 match REUTERS/Susana VeraThe Belarusian, who missed a Big portion of final season because of a custody Combat over her son, kicked off her Madrid unlock campaign by a six-three six-three victory over Serbian Aleksandra Krunic in the premier round. however I'm happy which I can find a method to beat, Production some perfect tennis at the moment," Azarenka said courtside. Tennis - WTA Mandatory - Madrid unlock - Madrid, Spain - probably six, 2018 Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki in action versus Australia's Daria Gavrilovaduring their round of 64 match REUTERS/Susana Vera TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY"There is definitely a lot of things which I can get better. World number ten Petra Kvitova, who won the Prague unlock on Saturday, brushed aside Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko six-one six-two. Maria Sharapova too made a powerful begain by the 2014 champion outclassing Romanian Mihaela Buzarnescu six-four six-one.

Tennis - Azarenka shines on Madrid return as top seeds cruise

Tennis break news: Maria Sharapova snaps 4-match losing streak, back to winning ways in calmer surroundings in Madrid

as declared in Maybe I ought stop thinking about it, to put the desire reduce, however I'm happy, I'm okay & I'm not stressed about it. It was major, I had a lot of fun & I had a major time by the youth which were doing this, they were truly major. It was a truly major feeling & I felt which due to what I'm doing in sport, I'm there. I don't feel which. one, they're further, they're coming further at me, however I don't feel negative things, I feel only positive.





This content may collect you by Max Nolan

0/Post a Comment/Comments